Temporary Part-Time Instructors
Freeze Waiver Approval
Please complete a freeze waiver form for all temporary positions and submit the freeze waiver form to the Office of the Dean for approval. Temporary positions that are .50 – 1.0 FTE, benefits eligible require the approval of the Provost. The additional approval will add extra time to the hiring process, so plan accordingly.
Please include the below additional information on the freeze waiver form
- class number
- full course name and short course id
- credit hours
- justification of hiring
- name of individual (if known)
Criminal Background Checks
Must be performed on any new employee who will be employed more than 6 months. Part-time instructors that receive both a Fall and Spring Semester Contract will need to complete a background check. Please direct employees to 209 College Center to complete their criminal background check paperwork. The background check process takes 2-5 days.
Upon approval of the background check, the employee appointment paperwork can be completed.
For detailed information on criminal background checks, please refer to: http://www.k-state.edu/policies/ppm/4015.html
KSU Faculty and GTA Spoken English Competency Assessment
The completion of this assessment is required for all new faculty hires and prospective faculty candidates.
- Contract Initiation Form
- Please fully complete a Contract Initiation Form for Part-time Instructors when you have received a Freeze Waiver Approval. Submit form to the associate dean. If you have an employee that has not taught over 50% FTE in the past, you will need to obtain the dean’s approval, complete an Appendix 11, and write a waiver of recruitment letter addressed to the Director of Affirmative Action. Please route paperwork through K-State Salina's Human Resources,
- Freeze Waiver Request (FY 13)
- KSU Faculty and GTA Spoken English Competency Assessment
- FTE Chart